Thursday 19 May 2011

Asshats

Dear Well-Known Retailer (whose name I cannot mention because it will let the cat out of the bag),

I recently placed an order on your website. This order was for an anniversary gift for my husband. Our anniversary is on Tuesday. I placed the order on 8th May and was advised by your website, and by email, that the estimated delivery time was 6-8 working days. It has now been 9 working days.

On contacting your Customer Services, I was advised that the website information is "incorrect" and the estimated production and delivery time is actually 16-18 working days. I pointed out that it might be advisable for this information to be made available on the website as the product is advertised under the "gift" section, so it is likely that people making such a purchase are doing so as a gift. If not, there is something quite seriously wrong with them.



I was then advised by the helpful gentleman that he would see if there was anything he could do to speed things up. Whilst a 20% discount is a welcome gesture, I fail to see how this improves upon the delivery time. The Customer Service assistant did not understand the problem and pointed out that this was only an additional 10 days. Clearly, in his opinion, my wedding anniversary is a moveable feast. Perhaps in another 10 days I will have another lovely holiday booked and another round of cards and presents? No? Well, it might have been prudent to deliver my order on time then!

Please bear this in mind for future customers.

Regards,

Mrs B

1 comment:

Mizz Bee said...

Unbelievable. At least it will be something else for Mr B to look forward to after the event. I suppose. Not really the point though. Yep - asshats.