Tuesday 12 July 2011

Baby Brain

I have succumbed to baby brain. I have tried to resist it, I really have, but it has caught up with me, as the following conversations will demonstrate:

Conversation in the lift with a work colleague:

Scenario: I am walking into the lift, staring intently at my Blackberry.

Colleague: *looks pointedly at Blackberry* You're not still working are you?

Me: No. I'm sending myself an email to remind myself to do something I forgot to do before I left. If I don't do it right now, I'll forget what I need to do. 

Colleague: What do you need to do?

Me: I can't actually remember. 

Several hours later at home:

Scenario: I am logged into the laptop staring aimlessly at an empty blog post screen, trying to work out what I was planning to blog about. 

Mr B: You look confused.

Me: I've forgotten what I was blogging about.

* logs out  of Blogger *

Mr B: Oh well. Did you manage to sort that training out at work?

Me: S@*t. That's what I forgot to do. 

Mr B: That's not very bright. 

Me: No. It gets worse * tells Mr B the story about the lift at work * I need to email myself about it right now so I don't forget tomorrow. 

Mr B: * laughing at my stupidity * That would make a good blog post. 

Me: B*@ll$%cks. That's what I was logged into Blogger for...

Mr B: * laughs again*

Me: * shuts down laptop *

Mr B: What are you doing?

Me: *looking at Mr B as though he has two heads* I'm shutting down the laptop

Mr B: What about that email?

Me: What email?




No comments: