Saturday 6 March 2010

The Furious

This morning, I had the Furious. The Furious is what happens when you are already in a not-so-brilliant mood (for any number of reasons) and something comes along that puts you in an even less brilliant mood. Today, the cause of the Furious was Mr B.

We had nothing in the house for dinner, and I was starving. I'd even begun eyeing up the guinea-pigs as a mid-morning snack. Then Mr B uttered the magic words: "Let's go and get some dinner". 'Yippee' I thought, getting the impression that I was being taken out somewhere most lovely for dinner. I skipped up the stairs, my bad mood lifting with every step, and got dressed for an outing. I even did my hair and make-up so as not to frighten any small children I may encounter on my outing. Having beautified myself I came bounding downstairs.

Me: Where are we going for dinner Mr B?

Mr B: To Morrisons

Me: WHAT??? (in a slightly angry voice, feeling the bad mood descending)

Mr B: To Morrisons. To get things to make toasties.

Me: (in slightly demonic voice) TOASTIES? I've got all dressed up to go out ... for TOASTIES???

Mr B: Err.... yes. You don't seem very happy about that.

Me: I'm not very happy about it. I'm very unhappy about it. In fact, I have The Furious.

Mr B: The Furious? What are you on about?

Me: You'll see.

And so we headed off to Morrisons for things to make toasties with for lunch, and the Furious came with us. Every time Mr B spoke, I did my very best furious face. It helped a little: I got a cream cake for pudding. The Furious enjoyed the cream cake, and has gone into hibernation .... for now.


2 comments:

Mizz Bee said...

Lol, I'm pleased the Furious has gone into hibernation and I don't have to hide under the table! Love the artwork!!
PS. I read out this post to Himself who knew exactly what Mr B meant by going out for dinner before I got to the explanation! And he wants toasties now. And we have nothing to make them with...........

Charlotte B said...

Thank you Jill, lovely as always!! I cannot believe Himself knew what Mr B meant. Is this something they learn in man school? I apologise that he now wants toasties.