Tuesday 16 March 2010

A Post About Nothing

Well, I have been absent again. You probably didn't even notice. I was busy having a social life (which basically translates to: I had to do other things instead of playing on the internet). Anyway, the important thing is that I have returned ... with a post about nothing.

One of my old university friends came to visit this weekend. In classic style, none of us could decide what to do for the weekend, so we planned to make plans over drinks at happy hour. There are two major flaws with the plan to make plans during happy hour: firstly, it is always far too noisy to have any kind of conversation, and secondly, you are far too busy trying to drink as many cheap drinks as humanly possible to think about anything other than drinking. As it was, I decided to drink Archers and lemonade, a drink which has the lowest alcohol content of any drink known to mankind, except water. Probably.

Following an unsuccessful attempt to plan something during happy hour we headed back to another friend's flat to eat pizza and begin phase two of the grand plan for the weekend. We decided to start this stage by looking at funny pictures on Fail Blog and watching You Tube videos. (As an aside, if you haven't seen the "Bacon is good for me" kid, you should watch this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_obaO46Bo -it's quite amusing). Stage two lasted several hours until Mr B and I decided that it was way past our bed time and we were going home. We still did not have a plan, so decided on the very cultural combination of fish and chips followed by bowling.

The fish and chips (from Marshalls in Tynemouth)were yummy and went down very well. The bowling went less well. Partly because I lost, by an embarrassingly large margin, but mainly because I managed to aggravate the repetitive strain injury in my wrist. This is because I tried to do a fast bowl, but at the crucial moment, forgot to let go of the ball and almost ended up skidding down the lane with it in true comedy style. As it was, I merely stumbled and pulled my wrist out of place, much to the concern of Mr B and some of my friends. However, being stupid (and also desperate to close the points gap), I decided that as I could no longer feel my wrist, I should just find a lighter ball and continue playing. The only ball they had lighter that the one I was already using was a kids ball. Yes, I played out the rest of the game (right to my humiliating defeat) with a kids ball. You will be pleased to know that I stopped short of putting the bumpers on and getting the ramp.

No comments: