Sunday 27 June 2010

Disaster

Something awful happened to me yesterday. It's so awful, I'm not even sure I can share it with you, let alone write about it. Ok, ok, I'll tell you, but don't judge me too harshly ......

I joined the gym.

I went to the gym with a couple of friends from work MJ and MD. MJ is a member of the gym and had somehow convinced me that we were going to have a nice leisurely play around on the machinery, a relaxing swim and then do a lot of sitting around in the steam room and / or jacuzzi. It would be prudent of me to inform you that both MJ and MD are fitness fanatics.

I know what you're thinking ... I was stupid to believe that, but believe it I did.

The "leisurely play around" turned out to be 40 minutes on the cross trainer, followed by some floor exercises led by MJ which can only have been designed to kill me. There's no other excuse for them. This morning, I can barely move. The plans for relaxing post-workout sauna somehow went by the wayside and, in place of this, I willingly handed over a huge chunk of my wages to join the gym. I signed up to a six month contract and was even happy about it.

This morning (whilst I am aching from head to toe) ... I am somewhat less enthusiastic.

No comments: