Tuesday 8 June 2010

TV Widow

I am officially a TV widow: my husband has banished me to bed so that he can watch "Luther" on the TV. I kid you not. Mr B would have you believe that he did nothing of the sort, but I fear the evidence is somewhat stacked against him.

Picture the scene:

I have spent most of the evening curled up on the sofa in a blanket feeling slightly tired. At approximately 7.30pm, we decided to venture out to the supermarket to purchase an inflatable bed. (I should probably pause here to explain the inflatable bed, but I am not going to because the reality of the situation will be far less interesting than whatever you are imagining). On route, Mr B looked at me with a rather cheeky grin on his face and asked, "will you be going to bed early tonight? Because if you are, I can watch "Luther" on real TV and not on catch-up and that would be good". Mr B never watches anything even remotely violent or anything involving dead bodies whilst I am around, ever since he made me watch "Messiah" on the TV when we first moved in together. I did not sleep for a week. Mr B made me a deal that he would stay awake until I went to sleep, so as to ensure I did not get murdered in my bed. He didn't sleep for a week either. This was not good. Anyway, I digress. After Mr B asked this, I replied, "do you want me to go to bed so you can watch it?" Mr B pretended to look wounded that I would even suggest such a thing, then tried to pretend that it was all concern about how tired I looked (and pointed out the exact size and colour of the bags under my eyes) before eventually replying (looking and sounding ever so slightly dejected) "weeeeeeellllllll, no, it's okay I'll just watch it on catch-up". This last comment was said with the least amount of feeling you can possibly imagine and followed by the saddest face you ever did see (complete with big brown puppy-dog eyes). How do you resist that? So, I said I would go to bed and Mr B did not protest one little bit. Therefore, he has banished me to TV widow-dom.

I am mortally wounded.

As I was being banished, Mr B handed me the laptop and said "you're going to blog about this aren't you?"

Yes, Mr B. Yes, I am.

2 comments:

Mizz Bee said...

At least you weren't banished for f**tb*ll (sorry for swearing) purposes!!

Charlotte B said...

Jilleebee, your language is most atrocious. You must wash your mouth out with soap and water this very instant!!!!

I sincerely hope Himself is not banishing you to watch the nasty F word.