Monday 7 June 2010

Thyroid Trouble

Here is a short but amusing anecdote from the other day. I guarantee it will bring a smile to your face. If it doesn't, please send the men in white coats round to pick me up immediately, because it made me laugh for hours!

The Monster in a mere 20 minutes after her start time one day last week, carrying a shopping bag full of food. She proceeded to empty out of the aforementioned bag: two king sized bags of Doritos, a large bag of Haribo Tangfastics, a king sized Twix and a can of full fat Coke. Within the first half an hour she had polished off the first bag of Doritos, all of the Haribo, the Twix and most of the Coke. She then advised me (half way through the second bag of Doritos) that she was going to the doctors that evening to have her thyroid checked out. I asked if she was feeling unwell. She said she wasn't feeling unwell but she thought she better get it checked out because (...wait for it...) she was struggling to lose weight.

I managed to wait until she left the room five minutes later before I rolled around on the floor laughing.

No comments: