Tuesday 6 July 2010

Postcard From The Edge

Dear Mammies,

I hope you are having a lovely time in Corfu. I had a wonderful rest in the kennels. 

Thank you for leaving me to look after Mr and Mrs B instead of booking them into the office whilst you were away. I don't think they could have coped with another week there. The Saturday that I got them out of the office was the worst! All they wanted to do was sit around and watch some women hitting balls around on the television, I had other ideas. I took Mr B for a long march around the Golf Course, but there was no shifting Mrs B. She just kept saying something about "wimbledon" and "finals" as if that were important. I have no idea what she was on about.

She was just the same on Sunday afternoon, but fortunately I had marched her around Plessey Woods for a couple of hours before she sat down. I watched some of the TV on Sunday. It was just two men hitting a ball around. I have no idea what all the fuss is about. Honestly!! These two humans were in dire need of puppy supervision. 

I have been getting them up bright and early and giving them a good clean. Mr B never washes behind his ears, so I have to do it for him. He just doesn't learn!! 

They have been thinking that going to the gym is enough exercise for them. It is a nice rest for me when they go out, but I have decided to show them what exercise really is. They have walked so much, you won't even recognise them when you get home. Yesterday, I took them for a short five mile walk in Consett to tire them out. 

Whilst we were there, I lost someone else's puppy an almost knocked an old man over. Mr and Mrs B did not seem very impressed with this, but I thought it was fun. 

They were exhausted afterwards, so I let them have a lie-in until 7.45am today and then I had a snooze on the bed with Mrs B for an hour. They think that I am being nice to them. They don't realise I am just conserving my energy so that I can exercise them even more this afternoon. 

I am currently demolishing the flip flop you so kindly left me in the garden whilst they have their breakfast. I hope you do not mind. 

Look forward to seeing you soon. 

Love, 

Freya xxx

1 comment:

Mizz Bee said...

Thats one eloquent puppy! Lol!