Friday 2 July 2010

Wind-Up Made The Radio Star

My dad ended up as the star guest on his local radio station this week. This would be really cool, were it not for the fact that the show he appeared on was titled "Wind up your Wife". As the title suggests, the hosts of the show do wind ups. My lovely younger brother nominated my dad for a wind up (it's been nice knowing you D). This involved two radio presenters ringing my dad up about an outstanding parking ticket which was to result in him begin extradited from New Zealand in the back of the plane amongst the dogs. Needless to say, my dad was not amused. Here is the link for your amusement:


I am more than a little mortified by this. So much so, that I have advised my mother to wash his mouth out with soap and water immediately. 

2 comments:

Mizz Bee said...

That is so hilarious!!! However I am shocked at your dad knowing beepy words!!!

Is he going to use the $500 to hire a hit man for your brother??

Himself wants to know why its called Wind up Your Wife - does your dad have other hidden depths of which we are unaware? ;-p

Charlotte B said...

I think the show usually entails stupid husbands winding up their poor wives, not stupid sons winding up their dads. My dad is probably going to kill him!! My dad's beepy words are appalling, but the whole wind up was kind of amusing!