Thursday 2 September 2010

Romance Isn't Dead

So, who said romance was dead? Not me. Nope indeedy. You want to know why? I got my teapot.

I came home from work yesterday in a rather foul mood. You only need to look at my previous post to see why. Mr B gave to me a lovely hug and then said "why don't you have some breakfast?" I was like "fngfbwkrbglirbv?!?" and then "why would I want breakfast at 5.45pm? I don't want any breakfast." Then Mr B said: "you do." So, I thought to myself that maybe I was wrong and deep down inside I did want some breakfast after all. I opened the cupboard and sitting on top of the breakfast box was a Pandora bag with a lovely ribbon through it. I opened it up and inside was teeny tiny box.

It wasn't a ring, if that's what you're thinking. I'm already married. Mr B has categorically informed me that there will be no more rings. Oooh, we were talking about romance weren't we ... 

It was a new charm for my bracelet. A teapot. 

You may be thinking that a teapot is a strange choice of present for a new job. It has a story. We went away to Harrogate to celebrate Mr B's birthday. On strict instructions from everyone we told about it, we went to Betty's Tearoom. If you haven't been there, you must go immediately. We played at being posh and having afternoon tea. We loved it so much we went back for breakfast. It was immense. I said I was going to get a little teapot charm to remind me of my trip to Betty's (and the life I shall be leading when I win the lottery). When I went to the shop for my teapot, it was closed. So, I decided I should spend the money on another treat ... a third trip to Betty's. 

Mr B spotted this. He saved it up until he had an excuse. Then ... HE BOUGHT ME MY TEAPOT. 

Marriage just doesn't get more romantic than that.

1 comment:

Mizz Bee said...

Bless - the last time Himself surprised me in such a manner was with a Barbie....on a bike!!