Friday 15 January 2010

General Stupidity

As a general rule, I don't intend to write much about my work. Not least because it is largely quite dull, and if I tell you about my work, I will have to kill you. Ha ha ha. Well, not quite, but it is very top secret all the same. However, today two things occurred which I simply cannot allow to pass without comment.

1. Whilst on route to the kitchen for lunch, I decided to make a brief stop at the little girl's room (bear with me, this isn't heading anywhere scary, I promise). I was half-way through the door when a colleague shouted down the hall to me. I waited for her to make her way up the hall then stood in the the doorway to the ladies for several minutes whilst she outlined the problem. When she finished, she said (without any hint of sarcasm) "oh sorry, were you going somewhere?" ......
Does this need further comment? I think not.

2. Some people came today to fix a minor problem with the telephone system. Within five minutes of entering the building, they managed to cause a major problem with the phone system : breaking it completely. Now, the absence of the phones is not something I care to complain about. In fact, it was very welcome. However, in our line of work being able to answer the phones is quite important, so the manager requested that our calls be directed to another of our offices. It later transpired that they had not redirected our calls to their office, but instead managed to direct their calls to our office, which was broken. Absolute genius.

No comments: