Thursday 14 January 2010

A Sincere Thank You

I don't intend to stay long tonight and waffle on laboriously, just long enough to say a very big "thank you" to the pharmacist I met today. No really. By early afternoon, I had the migrane from hell, complete with double vision and the shakes. The lovely pharmacist directed me to a wonderful painkiller for my troubles. He just neglected to mention that it was choc-full of codeine, which I am mildly allergic too, a fact I did not discover until my double vision had faded long enough for me to read the leaflet. And so, a grand total of fifteen minutes after taking, I was free from the double vision and stabbing head pain. In addition, I was also burning up, itching like crazy, with serious stomach cramps and nausea. I appreciate that Mr Pharmacist could not possibly have known that I have bad reactions to codeine. That would be unreasonable to expect, especially after he had asked me every other medical history question imaginable (whilst I was on the verge of collapse in his shop) before allowing me to leave with the painkillers. So thank you for a lovely evening Mr Pharmacist. Thank you very much.

No comments: