Friday 20 July 2012

A Moment...

I'm probably not going to post many things about how awesome motherhood can be sometimes, but tonight my boy has made me smile, and I feel the need to share. So here, have a bucket to puke in whilst I have my twee mummy moment, ok? I promise not to let it happen too often.

Mr B is out with work tonight, leaving me to take over the bedtime routine. This virtually never happens because I do not have The Magic Touch to make S sleep. I have the Magic Touch of 'Turn The Baby Into A Monkey'. I followed the routine precisely. I bathed him, I brushed his teeth, I let him attempt to brush my teeth (and actually brush my chin) I dressed him and gave him his bottle. I thought I had cracked it. He'd fallen asleep on me. So far, so good. I crept up the stairs like the quietest quiet thing you can imagine. I did not breathe at all for fear of making him stir. I put him down carefully in his cot. He did not stir. I put his monitor on. I did not creak a single floorboard on the way out. I did, however, do a silent victory dance. I was about to close the door.

Then he opened one beady little eye in slow motion, rolled over and gave me the cheesiest grin before climbing up and giving me a cuddle. Then he started laughing. Like a loon. Whilst bouncing up and down.

He's in his cot again now. Asleep.

I'm going to attempt to make and drink a hot cup of tea, watch Buffy and knit some bunting.

I am living the high life.

No comments: