Monday 16 July 2012

The Wondrous PacaPod

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a mother in possession of a credit card must be in want of a PacaPod changing bag. Well, either a credit card or a very impressive bank balance, but let's gloss over that for now.

They are, quite simply, the most fabulous changing bag I have ever met*. Yes, I appreciate my excitement will not be shared by everyone; this is either because you do not have a small child of your own, or you do not share my love of organisation.

I have to thank my new baby group friend J for introducing me to them on the very day that my freebie Parenting Club changing bag decided to shed its stitches and resign from its post. To be fair to it, it worked hard in its short lifetime, but I do wish it had worked some kind of notice period before leaving me in the lurch.


I do have to cram rather a lot of stuff into a changing bag. S has an amazing talent for excreting out of his nappy at inopportune moments when you do not have a change of clothing, will fill several nappies in quick succession when you haven't brought enough, and will inevitably demand a bottle when you are least expecting it. My old changing bag was just not prepared for this. My PacaPod is prepared for everything (even the apocalypse). It has separate pods for changing and feeding, a pocket to store anything you like in, a pocket for my purse and another for my phone. It also has a very helpful strap for attaching house keys, so that I will never again be stood on my doorstep, in the rain, emptying everything I own out of a bag in order to locate them. 


I don't think their use should be limited to baby changing bags either**. I think anyone with a love of organisation needs one in their life. Of course, you might want to use the changing pod for storing something other than baby changing equipment to save any awkward questions as to why you are carrying nappies and nappy rash cream around with you. Perhaps use it for storing toiletries instead. Think of the possibilities. The PacaPod could be the ultimate overnight bag: toiletries packed and organised, snacks packed and organised,   safe storage for your purse, phone and house keys, and space to store a change of clothes. What more could you possibly want from life?


* I'm not even kidding. 
** PacaPod, if you haven't already thought of the many other ways you could put your design to good use, we should talk. I have a million ideas (well, a few at least).

No comments: