Sunday 25 April 2010

The Great Complaint

Dear Mobile Phone Provider,

I understand that you aspire to excellence in Customer Service. You fail. Epically.

I tried to renew my contract with you using your website. Your website is not very intelligent. It did not tell me that I needed to call Customer Services. Therefore, I did not call Customer Services. I am sure you will agree that this is a logical progression.

I chose to renew my previous tariff. This cost me £20 per month. Imagine my surprise when my first bill was for £40. Clearly something has gone terribly, horribly wrong.

I felt this was an opportune moment to contact Customer Services. It was at this point that I realised you do not achieve excellence in this area. Your representative told me that nothing could be done, that you have no complaints department and that there were no managers who could help. This lack of advice and assistance is not what one usually expects from Customer Services.

I opted to write a letter of complaint. It was at this point that Miss Customer Service 2010 really came into her own. I was told that as I was now making a complaint, I could be considered a "genuine" customer. I suspect she is missing the point. I would suggest that re-training might be in order, although given your track record, I suspect that this would culminate in a promotion for her, which would be a gross injustice to the rest of your customers.

Eventually we reached a deal and your representative reluctantly agreed to confirm this to me in writing. I can only assume that her reluctance to send such a letter was based on her inability to write in coherent sentences without spelling mistakes. I would stress, however, that most computers have a spellcheck which would have made the letter slightly more legible, if no clearer.

I am therefore still confused about what tariff I am on. Moreover, my bills continue to be priced at £40 per month. I fail to understand how this is still happening. Even more confusing is the fact that you do not appear to be adhering to the direct debit agreement, or contract between us, as you are not actually taking the money from my account. Should I assume that my contract is now free?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mrs B

1 comment:

Mizz Bee said...

Can't wait for the response to that one!