Wednesday 7 April 2010

Situation Desperate: Reasons Why I Need To Win The Lottery

1. I am fed up with saving for a things. First we spent a year saving every scrap for a wedding. Now we have spent all the time since the wedding (almost another year) saving for a house that we aren't even convinced we really want to buy, but equally cannot be arsed to pack up and move out of. This sucks. A lot.

2. I am desperate for a holiday. And I do not mean this in the whiny "Oh it's been a whole month since my last holiday". Mr B and I have been together for seven years. I can count the holidays we have had in this time on one hand: a weekend break in Edinburgh, a weekend in Paris, a weekend in Chester, and 5 days away in the Lake District for our honeymoon. Now don't get me wrong, all these holidays have been fabulous, but I would like a nice long holiday somewhere exotic and warm, and I think a lottery win could really help with that.

3. I need a new job. Not just any job, but a job I LOVE. This is not going to happen because I did my degree in reading. And there are no jobs out there that will pay me to read all day every day. Believe me, I've looked.

4. If I win the lottery tonight, I don't have to go to work tomorrow. This means I don't have to get up at 6.15 to travel half way across the county to take the minutes of an extremely long and boring meeting. This has got to be a very good reason for the lottery fairies to look kindly on me.

5. I could buy Mr B a new car. This is needed because his current car, affectionately named Phoebe (as in Phoebe the Peugeot) or F**king Rust Bucket for short, is literally falling to pieces. She has cost approximately £400 since the start of the year with various parts falling off and disintegrating. Most scarily, the brakes failing to work as Mr B attempted to come to a stop behind a police car. Fortunately he managed to pull it off.

6. And if those five reasons weren't good enough, then how about this : I will share my millions with my lovely friends and take you all away on a nice holiday?!

Now do I get to win?? Pretty please?

No comments: